This page was last updated on: February 12, 2019
Charge to the Sons of Confederate Veterans:
"To you, Sons of Confederate Veterans, we submit the vindication of the Cause for which we fought; to your strength will be given the defense of the Confederate soldier's good name, the guardianship of his history, the emulation of his virtues, the perpetuation of those principles he loved and which made him glorious and which you also cherish. Remember, it is your duty to see that the true history of the South is presented to future generations."
- Lt. General Stephen Dill Lee, Commander General United Confederate Veterans, New Orleans, LA, April 25, 1906.
Camp Battle Honors
- MS Division Camp of the Year - 2004
- MS Division Scrap Book Award -2002 thru 2007, 2009, 2012
- National Scrapbook Award - 2004, 2005, 2007
- MS Division Compatriot of the Year - Dan McCaskill (2004), Larry McCluney, Jr. (2007)
- MS Division Young Compatriot of the Year Award:
Pierre Westbrook (2008), Nathan Bedford Forrest
- MS Division Brigade Comander of the Year -
Larry McCluney, Jr. (2004)
- Host of the MS Division 2009 Reunion in Greenwood, MS
- Joe Shelby Award; Arkansas Division (2011) - Earl McCown
- Father Abraham Ryans Graves Award -
Dan McCaskill (2009), W.A. Burton (2012)
- Mississippi Division Lifetime Achievement Award - Dan McCaskill (2017)
- Mississippi Division Publication Award - Larry McCluney, Jr for The Yazoo Pass Expedition: A Union Thrust into the Delta (2017)
- The General Albert Sydney Johnston National Award - Larry McCluney, Jr. as AoT Commander for most camps created in an Army
Music provided by the 2nd South Carolina String Band. Click on thier Icon to hear more.
Welcome to the
Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys Camp #1625
Indianola, MS . . . Established March 1993
Mississippi Division - Sons of Confederate Veterans
Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys
"It is my philosophy that though the South lost all but honor to save that honor, it was better to have fought
and lost than not to fight at all." ----- Brig/Gen Benjamin G. Humphreys
- Our next Camp meeting will be at 6:00 pm on the first Saturday of every month at the First Presbyterian Church in Indianola, MS
- Bricks for Beauvoir - Help rebuild Beauvior and enhance the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by purchasing Memorial Bricks for your Ancestor. $50.00 each and your brick will be placed around the tomb to create a plaza.
- MS SCV State Sesquecentennial
- General Forrest Site up and running, click on the
picture at right!
Click here for the latest issue of the Camp Newsletter
Sign Guestbook View Entries
Camp directions are below and check us out on Facebook.
Driving Directions to our Camp fill in info below: